Our team of lawyers is specialized in all legal aspects to do with the different property types available in the Canary Islands (apartments, villas, hotels, office buildings, shopping centres, warehouses, etc) with specific knowledge on all legal aspects to be considered in the sale, acquisition, rental and finance of real estate.
We have offices on the two main islands Gran Canaria and Tenerife.
Also being a multidisciplinary team we can provide advice in the other legal specialties that you may need (tax, labour, administrative, penal).
We will take care of the following steps when acquiring property in the Canary Islands:
- Due diligence on the property. Search at the relevant Land Registry in order to verify ownership and possible charges and encumbrances on the property to be purchased.
- If the owner where corporate to ascertain its legal standing at the Mercantile Registry and its directors.
- Urbanistic status to be verified with he administrative authorities.
- Advice on all tax implications and possible savings.
- We will check all documents to be signed that have to do with the purchase/sale of the property.
- Complete the registration process.
If you are thinking of buying or selling a property in the Canary Islands and you want to know what to expect, contact us and we will work out your tax liability, expense budget and we can assist and advise you throughout the entire purchase or sale process to completion.
And remember the key to protecting your assets and commercial interests in the Canary Islands is to seek professional and independent legal advice before conducting any business transaction.